Help Whippets find their forever sofas by becoming a Friend to Scruples Whippet Rescue.
Scruples Whippet Rescue rescues, rehomes and rehabilitates whippets in England, Scotland and Wales. Since our launch in April 2010 we have rehomed over 270 whippets.
Whippets can come into our care for a variety of reasons:
1) A change in their owners’ circumstances; including divorce, increase in work hours, illness or death.
2) Abandonment- we work with several rescue organisations to help rescue whippets who are in pounds.
3) Behavioural/health problems- Whippets will sometimes come into our care because their owners cannot afford to treat their health condition or cannot deal with their behavioural problems.
4)Retirement- We also take in ex working and racing whippets.
The list of reasons is endless.
Once in our care the Whippets
1) Are fostered in home environments to ensure they receive the level of care and attention they deserve
2) Are spayed or castrated if they are of the correct age.
3) Receive training and socialisation where needed.
4) Receive any veterinary treatment that they may require.
We are asking for people to support us by becoming a “Friend of Scruples Whippet Rescue, to enable us to continue to help Whippets in the UK. Your donation will help cover our vet bills and other running costs.
A SMALL DONATION OF JUST £12.00 PER YEAR will help us enormously and in return we will keep you up to date with our activities throughout the year through our newsletter which is published quarterly which is exclusively available to Scruples Friends. You will also get a free Scruples Whippet Rescue car sticker when you join and will occasionally get discounts on certain doggy products.
Please download and complete the friends application form to join. Friends of Scruples Whippet Rescue Application form. Or in word format Friends of Scruples Whippet Rescue word doc.
Thank you for supporting Scruples Whippet Rescue.